[OS X TeX] A tikzpic problem

Don Green Dragon fergdc at Shaw.ca
Thu Jan 16 02:41:04 CET 2014

Hi Alain,

On 15Jan2014, at 10:06 AM, Alain Hervé <alain.herve at me.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I also ran your minimal example with TeXShop 2.47, the preview on screen seems perfect.
>
> I printed it also on a HP Color LaserJet 2605dn with standard driver, and it looks also perfect.
>
> <<snip>>

In my note to Herb I pointed out that the printout to my Epson printer is fine, and your observation makes it clear that the problem lies in the settings or driver for the HP 2605dn.

The Driver Version here is 19.9	What might your’s be?

You say that you use the «standard driver» with the 2605dn! What do you mean by that? I’m not aware how I could choose «another driver». Over the years there have been upgrades from HP with respect to the 2605dn and I’ve always had those updates installed. But I don’t recall having any choice as to «which driver» could be chosen.

I’ve fiddled with the settings that are available when the «Print» page shows up: Colour Matching, Color/Quality, . . . and so forth. I set the Color/Quality control to  Gray, and printed! Shock! The alignment was correct in the gray print — exact. Would not believe such outcome, if I had not tried!!!

In the Color/Quality pane, after turning on the `Advanced’ options,  I’ve tried various combinations — never used them before — but as long as the printout is in colour I get the misalignment.

What are you settings in the Color/Quality pane? Getting a bit off topic at this point!

Thanks for the useful information.

don green dragon
fergdc at shaw.ca