[OS X TeX] Synchronization

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jan 10 16:25:13 CET 2014

On Jan 10, 2014, at 9:12 AM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:

> Problem resolved. If aux file has to be deleted, it requires three typesetting to get synchronization to work.
>
> True?
>
> GG

Howdy,

I wouldn't expect that but maybe things are offset by not having the cross-references correct. When you say it requires three typesets are you using (xe/pdf)latexmk so each typeset is actually complete? If so I would expect it all to work fine after one typeset since (xe/pdf)latexmk will rerun (xe/pdf)latex the necessary number of times to resolve the cross-references in one typeset run.

PS: Are you removing the previous .synctex.gz and other auxiliary files when you remove the .aux file? TeXShop's Trash Aux Files does that.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)