[OS X TeX] MacLaTeX2rtf

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Jan 7 16:32:17 CET 2014

On Jan 7, 2014, at 01:23 , Michael Welsh <yomcat at yomcat.geek.nz> wrote:

> On 7/01/2014, at 2216, André Bellaïche <abellaic at math.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>>
>> My system 10.8 does not want to let me install MacLaTeX2rtf, from SourceForge, arguing that the source is not reliable.
>
> Go to System Prefs, then Security. The first tab should have something about where to allow apps from - set this to "anywhere" and you'll be able to install MacLaTeX2rtf.

In general, this is a terrible idea. Set it to "Mac App Store and identified developers" and then when it squawks at you for trying to install a .pkg, you can control-click or right-click on the .pkg in Finder and choose "Open" from the context menu. It'll give you a chance to bypass Gatekeeper there.

Re: latex2rtf, try the precompiled .pkg I have here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36690878/latex2rtf.pkg.zip

it's a couple years old, but not as old as the Mac OS 8 package you downloaded from sourceforge :).

Adam