[OS X TeX] \documentclass maximum font size

Peter Teeson peter.teeson at icloud.com
Mon Feb 24 21:25:15 CET 2014

Please be patient with my newbie-ness.
In TNSS it states that there are 3 point sizes for \documentclass namely 10pt (default), 11pt and 12pt.
However I need to use at least 14pt (at my age even that is a bit of a struggle even with specs).
My article is for my own use right now - it probably won't interest many others.

TNSS explains that I can enclose the text in {\Large …….}. But is this appropriate for an entire article?
It would be more logical (IMHO) to allow a larger base font size in \documentclass.

Is this reasonable and available? Or did I miss something?

respect

Peter