[OS X TeX] Wish for TeXShop : attach custom icon to a given file

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 16:15:46 CET 2014

On Feb 23, 2014, at 9:42 AM, seroul wrote:

> LaTeX uses a lot of files.
>
> Some of them are important (.tex, .sty, .cls, etc.) and others are
> discardable (.aux, etc.).
>
> It would be more easier to discriminate visually these files
> if TeXShop has the possibility to attach an given icon to a
> given file when saving it.

As for me, I would very much like them to be distinguished by the
absence of the Typeset button. (Yes, it is not fatal accidentally to
hit the Typeset button on these files but, when distracted, it can
be ... disorienting.)

In fact, at the risk of "bloating" TeXShop, it would be very nice to
be able to chose between a Typeset button and a Save button on any
given .tex file. (Trying to typeset one of the hundreds of files in my
"QuestionBase" on its own is of course not fatal but, when distracted,
it can be ... disorienting.)

Regards
--schremmer