[OS X TeX] excalibur

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Mon Feb 3 16:34:22 CET 2014

I did a fresh software installation on a reformatted mac and I run into this problem: I cannot create custom dictionaries in Excalibur. When I try to create a dictionary in/ Applications/Tex/Excalibur, it tells me that “APpleShare won’t allow the opening of this file (access denied)”. If I move Excalibur on the desktop, the error goes away. Do I need to set permissions? The current permissions in /Applications/TeX/EXcalibur were set (I assume) by the MacTex installer to:

	drwxrwxr-x   9 root  wheel     306 Feb  3 10:14 Excalibur

My laptop, which doesn’t have this problem, gives

	drwxr-xr-x+ 10 Themis  staff     340 Nov 16 09:22 Excalibur

Themis