[OS X TeX] Command completion troubles

Don Green Dragon fergdc at Shaw.ca
Wed Aug 27 20:43:35 CEST 2014

Hi Herb,

On 25Aug2014, at 3:45 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2014, at 2:27 PM, Don Green Dragon <fergdc at shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> The \_{} response still  does not appear, as desired
>
> Howdy,
>
> By the way... that never happens! The \_ command put an underscore in the final text and Key Bindings are smart enough that if you put the \ before typing the _ it will NOT add the { and }. That Key Binding is meant to be used in math mode so \(A and then typing _ gives \(A_{|} where | is the insertion point.
> <<snip>>

Unfortunately, you are quite right. I did not express what was intended with accuracy.  I should have said that currently when intending to enter $x_{n+1}$, for example, on entering

$x_

the additional {|} does not appear automatically and therefore I must manually add

{n+1}$

which is my preference. I’m reasonably sure, but not certain, that I eliminated the response

$x_{|}

by going into «Source -> Key Bindings -> Edit Key Bindings File…»  and `Remove’ing an entry. I concede that what I’ve just written may be nonsense, but somewhere, somehow, I eliminated the {|} response.

Thank you for catching my blunder.

don green dragon
fergdc at shaw.ca