[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.38: Delay in switching to editor window

James Crippen jcrippen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 19:36:32 CEST 2014

I am reliably experiencing delays in switching to the editor window in
the latest TeXShop. The delays are 2 to 3 seconds long. The focus
shifts off of whatever other window I was on and the editor window
comes forward, but it does not highlight until the delay is complete.
The cursor also does not appear, and I don’t see any text I type until
the delay is over. The system may switch spaces back to the window if
I’ve switched spaces during the delay.

There is also a shorter delay associated with the preview window. I
don’t experience any delay in the console.

I don’t know if this happened in the earlier versions since I upgraded
directly from 3.36.2 to 3.38.

I can run a spindump and other diagnostics if so desired, but I’m not
set up to compile sources from scratch.

Thanks,
James