[OS X TeX] to upgrade or not to upgrade

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 17 18:50:18 CEST 2014

On Apr 15, 2014, at 10:09 PM, juan tolosa <juantolo at me.com> wrote:

> I am getting regular invitations from Apple to upgrade to Maverick. Yet I am hesitant, since I have read about so many bad experiences in this distribution list. Has Maverick cleared the problems with OS X TeX? What is the recommendation?
> Thanks,
>                  Juan

The only significant problem that I had was the finder being very slow to display icons when first accessed. That was a widely recognized problem that has been fixed in 10.9.2, at least for me.

The finder would also occasionally and seemingly randomly revert from preview icons to generic icons on the desktop. That has not been fixed.

I also noticed that, for the first time, the last system update did not make my personal library folder invisible, and I did not have to go to the terminal to make it visible again. I hope that was not an accident and they will continue to respect our choices.

Richard Séguin