[OS X TeX] List of feature requests on this list

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 15:12:35 CEST 2014

On Apr 6, 2014, at 4:49 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2014, at 9:07 PM, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> On Feb 23, 2014, at 9:58 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote Re: [OS X TeX]
>> Wish for TeXShop : attach custom icon to a given file:
>>
>>> I even used to keep track of these requests. Eventually, it seemed
>>> that most of them would be incorporated, if rather inconspicuously.
>>
>> May 11, 2009 4:08:00 PM EDT, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>>
>> Here it is:
>>
>> In order to facilitate later archive searches, features being
>> suggested/requested on this list should probably be suggested/
>> requested and discussed IN SEPARATE THREADS, UNDER THEIR OWN NAME,
>> rather than in this thread. Note that this List of feature requests
>> on this list does refer to such posts for details.
>>
>> Suggesting a TeXShop feature on this list is absolutely not an
>> alternative to making a request at  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=155796&atid=797241
>>  .
>>
>> This "wish list" is a compilation of TeXShop features being
>> suggested/requested on this list. Omissions result from my
>> negligence rather than from my malevolence. (This thread started as
>> a way to gauge the importance accorded to features suggested/
>> requested on this list but, while "voting" didn't seem to generate
>> much interest, "keeping track" seems to have.)

>> Newly Granted Wish(es)"".
>> ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
>> New Wish(es):
>>
>> Features requests that are indented were granted and remain here
>> only for the record.
>>
>> Hopeful regards
>> --schremmer
>
> Howdy,
>
> A few comments about some of the items in the wish list:
>
>> F1—A SECOND Typeset button, one that does NOT save at the same time
>> F2—A preference option to control whether Typeset saves or not -
>> and link that to the keyboard typeset command.
>> F3—Have a Command-click/Option-click/Control-click choice that runs
>> the file but doesn't save it. (See Litchfield, March 3, 2009
>> 4:14:29 PM EST)
>>

> I guess I don't understand the need for this? Especially under Lion
> and later there is automatic saving of the document and you can get
> back a previous version easily.
>

>> K2—Indenting of the nested environments (Loukanova March 26, 2008
>> 2:49:30 PM EDT)
>>

> I'm not sure I understand this. TeXShop will maintain indentation
> after a return; it doesn't maintain indentation upon soft wrap.
>
> Also, in more recent versions of TeXShop (3.??) Command Completion
> will retain indentation and there is even an indented version of the
> completion file.
>
>> L—Emacs <-> TeXShop. (Loukanova, March 24, 2008 5:51:47 PM EDT + 25
>> Mar 2008 07:47:57 +0100 (CET)
>>

> I've tried to search for this 2008 thread. You can set many emacs
> style key combinations and commands by using the KeyBindings method
> [...]

(1)	The frequency of wishes on the list seemed to have abated and many
were being fulfilled so I eventually felt there wasn't much more of a
point to keep track of them.

(2)	I re-posted the above (from May 11, 2009) only to point out that,
traditionally, on this list, wishes were not considered as putdowns.

(2)	I gave the original mails to facilitate re-searches.

(3)	As for those that were *my* wishes, F1 and F2, The point was that
since I work on one chapter at a time and my Mac is old and slow (like
myself), waiting for it to be LatexMarked Typeset was a bit lengthy,
even for me. So, I Save the chapters and LatexMarked Typeset the whole
book only once in a (long) while. Now I use Command-Shift-L which does
exactly what I wanted: Save and update the Preview but nothing else.

Best regards
--schremmer