[OS X TeX] Help with error in MPS -> PDF Converter

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Sep 20 14:14:16 CEST 2013

On Sep 20, 2013, at 6:52 AM, Tom Reinhardt <tomr7 at verizon.net> wrote:

> I have a Beamer presentation that compiles without incident on my Linux machine(s), running TeXLive2013. Note, my Mac (at home) machine is also running MacTeX 2013, with all of the latest patches installed through the MacTeX Update Utility. Specifically, here's the preamble from the log file:
>
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.5-1.40.14 (TeX Live 2013) (format=pdflatex 2013.9.2)  20 SEP 2013 07:40
> entering extended mode
>  \write18 enabled.
>  file:line:error style messages enabled.
>  %&-line parsing enabled.
>
> The compilation complains with a message from line 1253 of the file supp-pdf.mkii complaining of "no room for a new \dimen".
>
> I could attach the .log file if that helps. I can also provide the original TeX file if you'd prefer. I am wondering if this is a Font problem, obscured by all of the other messages that the program produces, or if it has to do with my use of particular packages. Again, I have this problem ONLY on the Mac.
>
> Any help would be appreciated ... esp. because I find the Mac environment more pleasant and I do use it at home.
>

> Thank you,
>
> T. Reinhardt

Howdy,

That's interesting since supp-pdf.mkii is a ConTeXt file. How far into the compile is the problem? Do you have older packages in your personal texmf tree that could be interfering with the compile (see the paths in the log file).

If you wish too please send the log file and/or the source file to me so I can test here.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)