[OS X TeX] Starting the engine

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 18 22:59:28 CEST 2013

On Sep 18, 2013, at 8:49 AM, Ulrich Groh <ugroh at me.com> wrote:

> I have put
> % !TeX program = lualatex
> in the beginning of my TeX-file hoping, that automatically the engine will start. But I failed. Something wrong with my approach?
>
> Ulrich

Howdy,

What version of TeXShop are you using? If it's pre-3.23 (well, maybe 3.22) then you need the line

% !TEX TSprogram = lualatex

and then make sure you use Typeset->Typeset (Cmd-T) to do the typesetting. Also, check that you have the LuaLaTeX engine (may have other capitalization) active but clicking on the popup menu on the Source Toolbar (NOT the Typeset Menu).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)