[OS X TeX] TeXstudio vs TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Oct 29 17:05:59 CET 2013

On Oct 29, 2013, at 10:08 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 29.10.2013 um 14:29 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> Have you ever seen that picture of MS Word with all its menus active so there is no room to see the text you enter?
>
> It certainly is very impressive for a beginner. For regular use it's too much. Overkill. MS Word and other so-called office products seem to offer options to decimate the menu bar, to set it up for the recent task.
>
> Code folding is certainly good for those folks who can't remember where in the text a key word is written. Then they just search for it. Since I remember I can scroll to that region. (In GNU Emacs this memory is less important, because one always can [set a mark and] start an incremental search without having to leave the text area and go into a search window or form. So there is no interrupt. Similarly with search&replace. This working mode is more TeX like, which also mixes text and commands.)

Howdy,

This is qvailable via the Apple Text Framework. You can set a mark, swap point and mark and go to mark using a DefaultKeyBinding.dict file placed in ~/Library/KeyBindings. Then it is available to all apps that use that Framework.

See KeyBindings.zip at my download site, <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10932738/index.html>.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)