[OS X TeX] tikz editor

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 28 02:51:20 CET 2013

On Nov 27, 2013, at 7:40 PM, M. Tamer Özsu <ozsut at mac.com> wrote:

> I used to use TikZ Editor for developing tikz figures. I recently moved to a new machine running Mavericks and did a clean install. Now, the same documents that used to work with TikZ Editor are giving me an error:
>
> Preview error: Can't convert the source file to PDF. Please check the LaTeX command in preview's preferences.
>
> The LaTeX command referred to above is the default:
>
> pdflatex -file-line-error -interaction=nonstopmode -output-directory $OUTPUT_DIR -jobname $FILE_NAME $FILE_PATH
>
> Does anyone know, what might be going on?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ==Tamer

Howdy,

Could you provide a minimal but compilable example file so we can see what is happening? What is this TikZ Editor? Have you updated your TeX distribution? Did you install MacTeX-2013 (which installs TeX Live 2013)? Where is this ``default'' pdflatex command coming from?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)