[OS X TeX] Problem with font AND TeX distribution pref pane

Stephen Anderson sra at yale.edu
Mon Nov 18 17:50:04 CET 2013

Not to prolong this thread, but I wanted to record that the problem of warning messages has been fixed. Disabling special.map (by itself) per Peter Dyballa’s suggestion did not suffice, but getting rid of the apparently spurious updmap.cfg file in /usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-config/web2c/ per Herb Schulz’s suggestion did the trick.  I have no idea where that came from… I didn’t create it explicitly, but it must have been a by-product of some of my previous attempts to solve the font problems.

--

Steve Anderson