[OS X TeX] Texshop and the "modern document model"

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed Nov 6 03:55:37 CET 2013

Warren,

I think your fears about the new model are misplaced. I too feared that the system
would save an “experiment” and lose what I wanted, but that has never happened. On the
other hand, by accident I removed several pages of a document and didn’t notice until
days later, and then the “time machine” aspect of the new model saved my hide.

Nevertheless, there are hidden preferences in TeXShop to turn this feature off.
This hidden preference definitely caused crashes in Lion, but Mountain Lion and
above seems to handle it.

See

	TeXShop Help Menu —> TeXShop Help Panel —> What’s new? —> Changes in 3.19, 3.20, 3.21

Carefully read the warning: “The TeXShop developers use AutoSave. If you
turn off AutoSave, you are entering untested waters."

Dick Koch