[OS X TeX] TeX Spotlight plugin

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu May 23 17:00:14 CEST 2013

On May 23, 2013, at 01:12 , Ralph Martin <Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk> wrote:

> I don't understand how or why the Finder thinks this is a com.barebones.bbedit.tex-source file rather than a edu.uo.texshop.tex file.

Launch Services gets confused when applications declare multiple UTIs for a single tag (tag is basically equivalent to file extension, now). I have no idea how it picks one, but it affects various things; see the white paper I posted recently if you're interested.

> mdimport -d3 /Users/ralph/Papers/3D\ Gini/gini_source.tex
> (Debug) Import: file:/Users/ralph/Papers/3D Gini/gini_source.tex plugin:file://localhost/Library/Spotlight/TeX.mdimporter/ /Library/Spotlight/TeX.mdimporter

You're actually using TeX.mdimporter here (as your later post notes).

-- adam