[OS X TeX] Spotlight

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun May 19 22:40:06 CEST 2013

On May 19, 2013, at 3:24 PM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:

> It used to. New machine, and I forgot...
>
> GG
>
> On 2013-05-19, at 2:00 PM, Gary L. Gray <gray at psu.edu> wrote:
>
>> On May 19, 2013, at 10:43 AM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How do I instruct OS X 10.8 so that Spotlight searches .tex and .sty files?
>>
>> Spotlight indexes the content of .tex files on my machine under 10.8. I believe that TeXShop has an mdimporter built into the application bundle that indexes all the relevant files in Spotlight. Is it not doing so for you?
>>
>> Gary

Howdy,

I'm not finding it but I have one in ~/Library/Spotlight and something shows. However it uses the org.tug.tex UTI while the new TeXShop uses edu.uo.texshop.tex for .tex files and I have no idea if that does something different. I'm enclosing it here. Don;t think it can hurt anything to try it.