[OS X TeX] Two Excalibur problems

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon May 13 23:48:02 CEST 2013

Am 13.05.2013 um 19:54 schrieb Themis Matsoukas:

> If a similar functionality could be incorporated in TS, it would be great.

It should be possible to create an ispell service for Mac OS X – and there was one: http://www.objectfarm.org/Activities/Software/ObjectFarmSpell/. OTOH, is there no way in the CocoAspell PrefPane to set ispell as the spellchecker? If this fails, Themis, then consider to rename the aspell binary (I presume this one is installed) to aspell-orig and create a sym-link aspell pointing to the ispell binary. Ispell can be installed with Fink or MacPorts.

http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell.html

Aspell is OK with English (the E ind English is pronounced in German as "eh" as in Aspell, which makes it very easy to learn the purpose of this programme). The other 6 or 7 billion humans on Earth need a different programme. Ispell (the I stands for International as in the Internationale) is quite well suited for those who use the Latin script. Hope it works for Greek as well!

--
Greetings

  Pete

There's something the technicians need to learn from the artists. If it isn't aesthetically pleasing, it's probably wrong.