[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility and MacTeX prereleases

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat May 11 04:19:54 CEST 2013

I noticed in the archives that there's been some recent discussion with respect to TeX Live Utility and MacTeX 2013. Sorry not to have responded, but I don't monitor the list.

For TeX Live prerelease, go to

http://www.tug.org/texlive/mirmon/

and pick a nearby mirror. In TeX Live Utility, use Configure->Manage Repositories to bookmark another server and/or set it as default. Drag or otherwise copy one or more of those URLs under "MY REPOSITORIES" at the top of the repo list in TeX Live Utility.

These steps should be pretty well covered in the Help book, but let me know if the steps there are unclear.

Regarding other points:

1) I go to great lengths to avoid PATH and other user-set environment variables. The only way I'll change this is by adding to the list I ignore.

2) The TeXDist preference pane is the wrong place to set repositories, and TeX Live Utility would override that setting anyway.

regards,
Adam