[OS X TeX] Re: Synctex doesn't work with file names that have spaces. Is this fixable?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 9 22:08:53 CEST 2013

On May 9, 2013, at 3:01 PM, mrl <mrl at psfc.mit.edu> wrote:

> Thanks everybody for the responses.  I jumped the gun on blaming synctex,
> because I didn't see the .gz file being created, and I saw the complaints
> about spaces and synctex in older posts on the web.  I suspect this is a
> script problem with flashmode, that I'll try to fix tomorrow, when I get
> access the person's mac.  Thanks again. - Mark

Howdy,

Back in the (not so good) old days, when I was using Textures, flash mode was so bloody slow I only used it for very short documents and kept it turned off most of the time.

Modern systems are so incredibly fast (I can typeset a 450 page Plain TeX document in less than 5 seconds on my MacBook Air) I see even less need for `flashmode'. I type and when I'm ready to look I simply typeset the document. I can always use synctex to get (close to) the proper place in the document.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)