[OS X TeX] Synctex doesn't work with file names that have spaces. Is this fixable?
koch at math.uoregon.edu
Thu May 9 21:23:33 CEST 2013
On May 9, 2013, at 12:08 PM, mrl <mrl at psfc.mit.edu> wrote:
> Hi - Because of the demise of Textures, I just had to install TexShop with
> Flashmode, for someone who obtained a new mac. This person has hundreds of
> files, that have spaces in their filenames. It appears that Synctex doesn't
> work with file names that have spaces. I've seen it claimed that this
> problem was fixed on other platforms. Has anyone tried to fix it for the
> mac? I don't have a C compiler myself. What would be necessary to
> recompile the code, which would have fixes for this problem? Thanks. - Mark
I am the author of TeXShop. There is a lot of misinformation in the above posting.
1) TeXShop has worked with filenames containing spaces for years.
2) Synctex has nothing to do with the Mac. It is a piece of software by Jerome
Laurens in TeX Live and available for all platforms.
3) I just tried synctex on a file with spaces in its name using TeXShop. It
4) Flashmode isn't part of TeXShop itself (because I don't like that feature),
but it is supplied for TeXShop by Claus Gerhardt. I don't know if it works
with files with spaces in their title
5) Spaces in filenames can cause minor difficulty in Unix with various scripts,
so while all of the things you quote work, it would be useful to suggest that
this user avoid them (my personal opinion only).
More information about the macostex-archives