[OS X TeX] TLU on MacTeX 2013

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 9 13:22:45 CEST 2013

On May 9, 2013, at 3:34 AM, George Nurser <gnurser at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed MacTeX 2013 a couple of weeks ago.
>
> I am finding that TLU doesn't seem to work, though to be fair I'm not sure whether it's supposed to.
>
> Symptom is that when I do 'refresh package list' it responds with 'listing failed'
> This is for both the Warwick and Oxford ftp servers.
>
> George Nurser

Howdy,

In what way doesn't TLU work? What repository are you trying to use to get updates to TL2013-pretest? Did you specifically install MacTeX-2013 (pretest) or did you install MacTeX-2012 which is still the default system?

If you really installed MacTeX-2013 (pretest) make sure you set TeX Live Utility to use one of the pretest repositories listed at <http://www.tug.org/texlive/mirmon/>. You will have to go back to one of the standard repositories once TeX Live 2013 is released.

If you really installed MacTeX-2012, which installs TeX Live 2012, that distribution is presently frozen since all attention is toward producing TeX Live 2013.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)