[OS X TeX] trouble with bold in fouriernc

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sat Mar 30 19:08:38 CET 2013

On Jun 8, 2012, at 8:48 AM, Leo Alonso <leo.alonso at usc.es> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Herb Schulz wrote:

>>> \boldsymbol{\Gamma} (this works sometimes for me)
>>>

>>> Michael
>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Is there some reason you're using the fouriernc package rather than the fourier package? With the fourier package \boldsymbol{\Gamma} works for me.
>
> Both \boldsymbol{\Gamma} and \mathbf{\Gamma} work fine using fourier. But I want to use New Century Schoolbook (or a clone) as my text font and fouriernc seemed to work fine until I reached the bold greek letters...
>

>> Can you get the source for the fouriernc-symbol document. That should show you what you need to do.
>>

> The source is readily available but I can't get much of it. I suspect there is a bug on it. If you have any idea or suggest an alternative way to get New Century I'll appreciate.
>
> Thanks for the responses,

I'm sorry this is not a timely response, but I did finally look at the fontinst source for fouriernc and found an error which causes the problem with bold Greek. I made a correction and placed the resulting patch for the package (two files, fncmib.{tfm,vf}) at

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3825336/TeX/index.html

Michael