[OS X TeX] TeX performance: SSD vs ATA on MacBook Pro

William Slough wslough at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 23:53:58 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a new MacBook Pro and I'm curious what others have
to say about SSD versus a 7200 rpm hard disk, since I need to choose.  I am
aware of the hefty price penalty to get a solid state drive, but I'm
wondering if other TeX users could sway me one way or another.  I realize
that this is an ill-posed question, but I am nonetheless interested how
others weigh in on this decision --- especially as it relates to someone
who uses TeX a lot.

Bill Slough