[OS X TeX] Latexmk errors that I can't diagnose

Nathan A. Paxton napaxton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 18:29:50 CEST 2013

	Hi all,

	I'm trying to diagnose a pdflatexmk error.

	I'm using Texshop 3.18 on Lion (10.7.5), with latexmk 4.35 and the latest engines from Herbert Schulz (4.37, I think), pn TL 2012.  In the last couple of days, when I try to compile a syllabus with a bunch of references, the file no longer compiles, and it generates the following errors.

- Could this be the result of using latexmk4.35 and the engines for 4.37? How can I update latexmk (without going to 2013, which I'm not ready to do quite yet) or downgrade the Schulz engines?
- What else do we need to know to make this work?

Latexmk: Non-existent bbl file 'syllabus.bbl'
 No file syllabus.bbl.
Latexmk: Citation 'collier2007a' on page 4 undefined
Latexmk: Citation 'frieden2006a' on page 4 undefined

[snip 34 more similar errors]

Latexmk: Citation 'chang2011a' on page 9 undefined
Latexmk: Log file says output to 'syllabus.pdf'
Latexmk: Found biber source file(s) [syllabus.bcf]
Latexmk: Summary of warnings:
  Latex failed to resolve 36 citation(s)
Collected error summary (may duplicate other messages):
  biber syllabus: Could not find all biber source files for 'syllabus'
Latexmk: Use the -f option to force complete processing,
 unless error was exceeding maximum runs of latex/pdflatex.
-----
Nathan Paxton
napaxton at gmail.com

(I can) Stand up for hope, faith, love
But while I'm getting over certainty
Stop helping God across the road like a little old lady.
	—U2