[OS X TeX] Two missing characters

Don Green Dragon fergdc at Shaw.ca
Mon Jan 28 23:35:03 CET 2013

Hello Michael,

On 28Jan2013, at 1:49 PM, Michael Sharpe wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2013, at 3:47 PM, Don Green Dragon <fergdc at shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> The following has been puzzling me for a long time. There are two characters that I am unable get TeXShop/TeX to produce correctly on a preview page. They are
>>
>> straight single quote '
>> straight double quote "
>
> Have you tried using the upquote package? It produces straight single quotes in verbatim environments, eg \verb|`|, \verb|'|.

Not until you suggested it.  :-)  Using the LaTeXtemplate that comes with TeXShop, \verb|'| worked fine, but not \verb|`| which gave the  grave accent ` . On using my usual {book} template, the same response was observed.

Have so many solutions now, don't know which one to apply!

Thanks everyone.

Oh, downloaded your recent article on using fonts with TeX. Very nice.

Don Green Dragon
fergdc at Shaw.ca