[OS X TeX] Fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jan 23 15:44:37 CET 2013

Am 23.01.2013 um 12:27 schrieb Leslie Morland (MTH):

> Discovered TeXShop has a range of built-in fonts.

I'm not sure what you want to express – the fonts you can choose in TeXShop's preferences can perform nothing else than change the display of the *TeX source code (and another one, I think, allows to choose the font to display the log in the console window). They have no influence on the *TeX run or compilation. To change the font(s) that will appear in the PDF (or DVI) output of your source file can only be changed by some \usepackage{} statement inside that source document.

If you want to explore your TeX distribution you can launch TLU, the TeX Live Utility. It is in the same TeX folder inside /Applications as are TeXShop, TeXworks, etc. It will probably want to update itself, so allow this. Afterwards you can either update your TeX distribution first or start at once to study the installed packages – they will be listed when you select the "Packages" button. Double-clicking on the package names will open a new window in which the package's contents will be listed. And you can filter! For example all packages with Luci, or font. In the new window you'll see also PDF files, some are presented as documentation. (It's possible to spend some days with this tool.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

The box said "Use Windows 95 or better," so I got a Macintosh.