[OS X TeX] templates

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Tue Jan 15 03:11:11 CET 2013

OK, thanks, after a little confusion I understood what you meant, and when I do Window->Show Toolbar there is a Templates menu which has my file included.

But for me it is new behavior that the toolbar doesn't automatically show every time I open a source file.  Is there a way to set it to do so--ie, to avoid having to open the toolbar by hand every time I open a new .tex file?
I am likely to forget your instructions in a week or two and find myself once again unable to figure out how to insert one of my templates in a new blank document.

Ziggy Nitecki

On Jan 14, 2013, at 20:41, Herbert Schulz wrote:

On Jan 14, 2013, at 7:30 PM, "Nitecki, Zbigniew H." <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu<mailto:Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu>> wrote:

> What happened to templates?
> I had a folder of my own templates which was automatically included under a "templates" item in the macros menu, and now the option of getting it that way seems to have disappeared.  Am I forgetting something, or has the pulldown macros menu in TeXShop changed?  (There seems to be no template option any more.)
>
> Zbigniew Nitecki
> Department of Mathematics
> Tufts University
> Medford, MA 02155

Howdy,

The Templates popup menu on the Source toolbar is still there. If you have a toolbar showing simply Ctl-Click (or Right Click) in thee toolbar and choose `Customize Toolbar…' and you can put the Templates popup menu back. If the toolbar isn't showing make sure to select a source window and set Window->Show Toolbar after which you can customize the toolbar.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)