[OS X TeX] JabRef 2.9.1

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 13 17:17:40 CET 2013

Howdy,

In the process of updating JabRef to 2.9.1 for MacTeXtras I discovered that it simply wouldn't run! Checking the Sourceforge project I saw that there was a bug report that gave a fix that is quick and works.

Simply make .../JabRef.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub executable (where .../ is the path to JabRef.app on your system). So, simply running

chmod 755 .../JabRef.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

(again, .../ is the path to JabRef.app on your system) and JabRef will work.

I'm going to wait until this is fixed before updating MacTeXtras.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)