[OS X TeX] Skim 1.4.7 - alternate integration scripts

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 10 06:26:25 CET 2013

I found a good solution. I was using Sneep’s scripts to initiate typesets. I found this:

http://nathangrigg.net/latex-bbpackage/

It’s a package of scripts designed for BBEdit and Skim that includes a typeset function. When you select “typeset” from the BBEdit scripts drop down menu, the script menu icon turns color until the typeset is done, then reverts to normal. If there is an error, the script pops up a dialogue box that asks you if you want to see the error(s) and takes you right to them in BBEdit. Not bad! There’s also an “open PDF” function that will open the PDF file corresponding to the .tex file you are looking at (if there is one). I still need the very handy “synchronize with Skim” script from Sneep—with that script you can forward synchronize from BBEdit to Skim.

Richard Séguin