[OS X TeX] [off topic] using iFFmpeg to convert video files?

Gary L. Gray euler at psu.edu
Wed Apr 24 23:46:04 CEST 2013

Hi,

Anyone out there have some experience converting .mov files to .m4v or .mp4 using iFFmpeg? I have downloaded iFFmpeg from:

http://www.iffmpeg.com/index.html

and have also downloaded ffmpeg binary from:

http://www.osxexperts.net/ffmpeg/ffmpegexperts.html

and installed the binary by dropping it on iFFmpeg. With this in mind, when I try to convert a .mov file, I always get an error, no matter which encoding setting I have tried. For example, here is the error I get using "iPhone/iPod Touch [.m4v]":

I thought it might be due to the fact that iFFmpeg comes with some preset encoding options in a folder and I have not installed them, but I can’t figure out for the life of me how to do so.

Thank you.

Gary