[OS X TeX] Fwd: Slight pdf distortions in preview (TeXshop

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 00:43:47 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Warren Nagourney <wnagourney at comcast.net>wrote:

> I haven't noticed this on TexWorks (I don't have Adobe Reader). I have a
> strong dislike for almost everything about TW and would rather put up with
> these distortions than use it (I find that I feel this way about many
> cross-platform apps).
>
> wn
>
> On Apr 20, 2013, at 3:07 PM, Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Try to check if the same distortion appears in TeXWorks and Adobe Reader:
> Preview, TS and Skim are PDFKit based, while TW is poppler based and AR has
> an Adobe engine.

You can download AR which is the only full featured PDF browser. I am not
using TW usually as well but the question was: is distortion a defect of
the produced pdf document (and then it isa bug either in  pdflatex or in
the package you use) or it is a bug in Apple PDFKit. It looks like it is a
latter.

Victor