[OS X TeX] expansion=default with fontspec in LuaTeX

Thomas Bohn thbohn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 13:25:22 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Thomas Bohn <thbohn at gmail.com> wrote:
> It was updated on Mar. 17th. I have installed 16687 and on the server is 29392.

In the documentation of microtype 2.5 I found this:

"Before this package was fully compatible with LuaTEX, the following
method of enabling expansion and protrusion with the fontspec package
was most often recommended on the web and in groups and forums:

\newfontfeature{Microtype}{protrusion=default;expansion=default}
\defaultfontfeatures{Microtype}"

It seems this is no longer required and will even break documents.

Thomas