[OS X TeX] Utopia-Fourier and Bera not found by dvips

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Apr 2 01:23:22 CEST 2013

On Apr 1, 2013, at 4:46 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 01.04.2013 um 22:34 schrieb Sebastiano Pomata:
>
>> but not futri8a.pfb.
>
> Ahh, sorry! A typo!! I searched in shell for putri8a.pfb, automatically, but pasted futri8r into the reply! 1st of April – presumingly. Could be you are just missing the fourier package!
>
> It is accompanied by the fourier.map MAP file fragment (/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/fourier/fourier.map). It has:
>
> 	futb8r Utopia-Bold "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <putb8a.pfb
> 	futbi8r Utopia-BoldItalic "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <putbi8a.pfb
> 	futbo8r Utopia-Bold " .167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <putb8a.pfb
> 	futr8r Utopia-Regular "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <putr8a.pfb
> 	futri8r Utopia-Italic "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <putri8a.pfb
> 	futro8r Utopia-Regular " .167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <putr8a.pfb
>
> Try to enable it and see whether this cures your problem!
>

> The problem with the bera fonts can be that you enabled the bera.map MAP file fragment when you had not installed that package. The cure is to first disable it and then re-enable it.
>
> This should solve all problems.
>
> (And when you enabled Fourier and Utopia fonts before they were installed you should disable and then reenable them as well!)
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

One more thing to ``worry'' about. Over the years the structure of the TeX Distribution has changed. I don't remember when changes were made. I'm still trying to understand how TeX Live Utility can update a Tex Live 2009 unless you are dealing with a very special repository. I repeat, where were all the files placed?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)