[OS X TeX] Font selection package

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Sep 28 10:38:26 CEST 2012

Am 28.09.2012 um 08:14 schrieb Frank STENGEL:

> It provides predefined sets of families. In a way it automates and extends (by adding options) the loading of the families described (and perhaps others) in Hartke's survey in PracTeX 2006 vol 1...

At the end of this article I see Michael Zedler referenced (in the acknowledgements). He wrote a few packages to handle rich Adobe pro-fonts, Minion-Pro for example. Clea F. Rees, who obviously is not referenced here (I just searched through the PDF), extended NFSS2 a bit: 'texdoc nfssext-cfr' (very short, more available in her documentation of font packages; see below). Her work is based on Philipp Lehman’s nfssext.sty (not directly in TeX Live, -> 'texdoc fontinstallationguide') that already extends NFSS2. This all is meant for text use while the font survey tries to help setup of text + complicated (or complex?) maths. Maths is the field of Paul Pichaureau's Math Design fonts packages. The same area is also targeted by Michel Bovani's Fourier package.

So, for what use, text or maths, are you looking?

Some of Clea F. Rees' font packages:

i adforn: OrnementsADF font with TeX/LaTeX support
i adfsymbols: SymbolsADF with TeX/LaTeX support.
i baskervald: Baskervald ADF fonts collection with TeX/LaTeX support.
i berenisadf: Berenis ADF fonts and TeX/LaTeX support.
i electrum: Electrum ADF fonts collection.
i libris: Libris ADF fonts, with LaTeX support.
i romande: Romande ADF fonts and LaTeX support.
i venturisadf: Venturis ADF fonts collection.

--
Greetings

  Pete

If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.
				– Weinberg's Second Law