[OS X TeX] how to place user-specific texmf.cnf on Mac OS X

Junqi Hu junqihu at me.com
Tue Sep 18 05:06:59 CEST 2012

hi, all!

I want to change the value of the variable of OSFONTDIR in texmf.cnf as follows

$ cat texmf.cnf
OSFONTDIR=/Library/Fonts//:~/Library/Fonts//

But we know the fact that non-privilige user shouldn't edit system-specific configuration since system update will overwite these modifications. Moreover, I want to make a user-specific configuration on texmf.cnf instead of TEXMFLOCAL.  So I try the following directories to place user-specific texmf.cnf:

1. ~/Library/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
2.~/Library/texlive/2012/texmf.cnf
3.~/Library/texlive/2012/web2/texmf.cnf

they all result that OSFONTDIR is null, i.e.

$ kpsewhich --var-value=OSFONTDIR

And I also follow the line of section 2.4.3 in
http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/TeX-on-Debian/ch2.html#s-sec-user-config-files
However, it fails yet.

What can I?

---