[OS X TeX] tex files and icloud

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sat Sep 15 09:29:45 CEST 2012

On 15.09.2012, at 09:11, Doris Behrendt <doris.behrendt at me.com> wrote:

> hi list,
>
> does anyone of you use icloud? as far as I could find out, it is not possible to store .tex-files there. Is that true?

Apple's concept for iCloud is quite different than other cloud services like DropBox. You don't have access to your iCloud via the Finder (you can do that if you absolutely want to, but you're not supposed to). Rather the applications have their own designated space inside iCloud where they store files. Access to files is only supposed to happen through applications.

In addition iCloud access is restricted to applications sold through the App Store.

So basically, iCloud in its current state could only be used with (La)TeX if there was a frontend available in the App Store.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„It is a sobering thought that when Mozart was my age, he had been dead for two years.“ Tom Lehrer