[OS X TeX] Memoir class book template

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Mon Sep 10 15:15:52 CEST 2012

On Sep 9, 2012, at 11:56 AM, Richard J Benish <rjbenish at comcast.net> wrote:

> My question is: Where can I find a complete "book" written in Memoir class that serves as template (i.e., with dummy type, dummy figures, etc.) that has all the features of a real book, so I can start writing without having to read any fat and tedious manuals or try to figure out how to build a book layout from scratch?

Below is my personal memoir template. It does not contain any figures but there is nothing special about including them. And of course, you can organize your chapters in separate files, place your figures in separate folders just as you would normally do.

Themis

%!TEX TS-program = pdflatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
%-------------------------------------------------------------------------*
\documentclass[11pt,book]{memoir}
\usepackage{amsmath, amsthm, amssymb}
\usepackage[compress]{natbib}
\usepackage{graphicx,epstopdf}
\usepackage[backref,colorlinks=true,linkcolor=blue]{hyperref}
\synctex=1

%---Begin LaTeX - Memoir customise-----------------------------------------*
\pretitle{\centering\sffamily\huge}
\posttitle{\vskip 0.5em}
\maxtocdepth{subsubsection}
\maxsecnumdepth{subsubsection} % number subsections
\hangsecnum              % hang the section numbers
%\renewcommand{\cftchapterpagefont}{}
%\renewcommand{\cftchapterfont}{}% no bold!
\pagestyle{plain} %
    %also: empty, plain, headings, myheadings, simple, ruled, Ruled,
    %also: companion, book, chapter, cleared, part, title, titlepage
\chapterstyle{article}
	%also: default, section, hangnum, companion, article, reparticle
	%also: bianchi, brighthurst, brotherton, chappell, crosshead, culver,
	%also: dash, demo2, demo3,  dowdingell, ell, ger, komalke, lyhne, madsen
	%also: ntglike, pederson,  southall, tandh, thatcher, veelo, verville,
    %also: wilsondob

%format for sectional headings
\renewcommand{\chaptitlefont}{\normalfont\sffamily\LARGE}
\renewcommand{\chapnumfont}{\normalfont\sffamily\LARGE}
\setsecheadstyle{\large\sffamily\bfseries\raggedright}
\setsubsecheadstyle{\large\sffamily\bfseries\raggedright}
\setparaheadstyle{\large\sffamily\bfseries\raggedright}

%---End LaTeX - Memoir customise-------------------------------------------*
\title{A title \\(with subtitles)}
\author{Themis Matsoukas\\
Department of Chemical Engineering\\