[OS X TeX] Activating mtpro2 in Texlive 2012

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Tue Sep 4 21:01:40 CEST 2012

On Sep 4, 2012, at 2:52 PM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at me.com> wrote:

> I installed TeX Live 2012 through the mactex package but I am unable to activate mtpro2 (PC TEX MathPro Lite), which worked in the previous installation. I am following Herb's instructions:
>
> 1. The fonts are installed in my personal tree: /Users/themis/Library/texmf/...
>
> 2. I created the file /Users/themis/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg with contents:
>
> #! Map belleek.map
> Map mtpro2.map

Answering my own question: I had not included a blank line in updmap.cfg  after Map mtpro2.map. When I corrected that, everything worked as advertised. I only noticed the comment about A blank line in the  last page of Herb's instructions. Since this is a make-or-break detail, maybe it could be emphasized a bit more, (in \Huge bold letters)

Themis