[OS X TeX] iOS and TeX

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Sep 3 20:36:19 CEST 2012

On Sep 1, 2012, at 5:08 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> But I do nor quite see why "Apple doesn't want application environments which allow others to bypass their tools" applied to
> " interpreted languages".

Because Apple doesn't want a de facto standard to be created by a large corpus of Apps which are created in some third-party toolkit over which they don't have control.

TeX is an issue since one wants to be able to call things like metafont/post.

On Sep 2, 2012, at 6:18 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> It's simply FALSE that Apple doesn't allow interpreted languages on iOS devices.

Now. There was a time when such was forbidden. My note was meant to provide an historical context.

Looking forward to someone creating something like TeXtures on the iPad.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer