[OS X TeX] iOS and TeX

Jason Alexander jalex at lse.ac.uk
Sat Sep 1 21:18:35 CEST 2012

One point to note regarding the iOS and TeX issue is that TeX Writer *has* been released: it is a native implementation of TeX and LaTeX which handles the basics. It is, by no means, a full substitute for PDFLaTeX, but it does raise the following issue: Since Apple approved TeX Writer, I see no reason in principle why it shouldn't approve a full implementation of, well, TeX Live with a TeXShop front end.

I don't have the programming prowess to pull this off, otherwise I would totally try. But now that we've seen that Apple's codes don't prohibit the practice, full speed ahead!