[OS X TeX] tex works

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Thu Oct 18 08:15:08 CEST 2012

On Oct 17, 2012, at 22:22 , juan tolosa wrote:

> By mistake, I launched TexWorks. The problem is, even after I quit TexWorks, now every TeX document that I have created is opening in TeX works by default! I woud like to continue documents opening using TexShop. Is there a way to revert to TexShop as default?

Yes.

In Finder, elect one of the .tex files, then "Get Info" (CMD-I or File -> Get Info).

One of the items in the panel that displays is "Open With"; click on the triangle to its right, which will give you a drop-down menu.  If TeXShop is not one of the options, select "Other...", which gives you a file dialog, with which you can navigate to, and select, TeXShop.

Then click the "Change All" button below the menu to make TeXShop the default app to handle all ".tex" files.

HTH

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large, Director
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income