[OS X TeX] Experimental TeXShop 3.12

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Oct 12 06:12:26 CEST 2012

Folks,

I hoped to get TeXShop 3.12 out by now. There will be a delay of
approximately one week, but in case you have run into bugs
that are fixed, or would like to experiment, I'm making a preliminary
version available at

	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/TeXShop312.zip

WAITING TO BE FIXED:

1) The preference to change source text color is
only available in the English localization.

2) The new sharing tools only work in Icon mode, not in
"Text Only" mode. Most people use Icon mode. The icons
for these tools need work.

NEW FEATURES:

These are described in the "What Is New" section in English
help. A summary:

1) On Mountain Lion when TeXShop is used in external editor mode,
or when a pdf, jpg, png, or eps file is opened, an extra blank source
window appeared. This is fixed.

2) On Lion and Mountain Lion, the graphical selection tool for the
Preview window left garbage on the screen. This is fixed.

3) There were encoding problems; in particular the encoding popup
on the open and save dialogs failed. This is fixed.

4) On Mountain Lion, sharing is activated. It is possible to share
a source selection, or pdf clipping, or the entire source file or the
entire pdf output file. Sharing can be to Mail, Messages, Air Drop,
Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, or other venues. See English Help for
details.

5) Upgraded latexmk; new sepdflatexmk engine

6) There is a setting in the Preferences dialog to set the color of the
source text; for some time it has been possible to set the color of the
source background

7) High resolution icons, changed because I don't have the source
for Jerome Lauren' original icons. I still prefer Jerome's icons.

Dick Koch