[OS X TeX] command-click on the name of a console file

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 04:42:52 CET 2012

Am 14.11.2012 um 18:18 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

>> Normally, when I command-click on the name of a file, I see the
>> complete path.
>
> Which Finder plug-in are you using?

Am I?

On Nov 14, 2012, at 4:06 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Normally, when I command-click on the name of a file, I see the
>> complete path. Which is very nice as many of my files have the same
>> name, like 13. But, when I command-click on the name of a console
>> file, nothing happens. It is of course not a show-stopper but just
>> a bit of an occasional bother.
>>
>> Just thought I might mention it for someone to explain to me that I
>> should understand that a console file is not just like any other
>> file and that ...
>>
>> Best regards
>> --schremmer
>

> Howdy,
>
> I assume you are talking about the Console window while you are
> compiling a document. Notice I didn't say file! The Console window
> is like a Terminal window and you can see the input and output of
> the various things that go one when you compile a file.

Ok, now I KNOW that "a console file is not just like any other file
and that ..." it is not even a file.

The "bit of occasional bother" remains though because I occasionally
work with several documents to keep them in line. e.g.

RBAv4-1 > CheckableItems > 13
RBAv4-1 > Homeworks > 13
RBAv4-1 > WorkOuts > 13
RBAv4-1 > Quizzes > 13