[OS X TeX] In Help 2.46: Type ^{} and get ^}{

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed May 30 21:50:19 CEST 2012

On May 30, 2012, at 3:29 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Alain,
>
> This is a key binding.
>
> Go to the "Source --> Key Bindings" menu and select "Edit Key
> Bindings File…"
> In my file,
>
> 	^
>
> is associated with
>
> 	^{#SEL##INS#}
>
> Note that you must turn Key Bindings on, either in Preferences

(1)That is what I just did and now, of course, when I type ^ I get
^{}. So, as usual, I feel like .... :-))

(2)This was not the case in the Help: When I typed ^{ the insertion
cursor would stay left of { and so when I typed } it went between ^
and {.

However, I just found out the reason: Autopairs. So, what I did was to
"add" TeXShop for Autopairs and unclicked everything.  So, as usual, I
feel like .... :-))

Best regards
--schremmer