[OS X TeX] Using iwona in a beamer presentation

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun May 27 00:11:29 CEST 2012

Am 26.05.2012 um 19:38 schrieb J. McKenzie Alexander:

> it looks like the numerals and letters are in the original beamer math font, but the \pi is typeset using iwona.

By chance a few Greek characters are contained in the font. Its documentation states near the beginning:

	This distribution contains a significantly extended set of characters covering the following modern alphabets: latin (including Vietnamese), cyrillic and greek as well as a number of additional symbols (including mathematical symbols). The fonts are prepared in Type 1 and OpenType formats. For use with TeX the following encoding files have been prepared: T1 (ec), T2 (abc), and OT2 – cirilic, T5 (Vietnamese), OT4, QX, texansi and nonstandard (IL2 for the Czech fonts), as well as supporting macros and files defining fonts for LaTeX. The doc/fonts/iwona folder contains examples for plain TeX as well as for LaTeX and an example of typesetting mathematics.

To me this sounds like the description of a text font.

--
Greetings

  Pete

My sister opened a computer store in Hawaii.  She sells C shells down by the seashore.