[OS X TeX] Re: Old style numerals with small caps

Josep Maria Font jmfont at ub.edu
Sun May 6 11:28:56 CEST 2012

Thanks to Bruno for his very detailed and helpful answer. It seems it is more difficult to solve the \oldstylenums issue than to just obtain old style numerals as default with small caps (which is what I was about). For the latter purpose, his advice:

> - To get oldstyle nums in small caps, it seems you need to use LY1 encoding, not T1. Namely, replace
>
> 	\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>
> by
>
> 	\usepackage[LY1]{fontenc}

has worked like a charm.

Will this change in encoding package have any other side effects ? The packages we work with with some fonts effects that I can think of are lucidabr and textcomp.

Thanks again,

JMaF