[OS X TeX] Finding errors with \input statements in TeXShop?

Demitri Muna thatsanicehatyouhave at mac.com
Fri May 4 22:03:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have a very long LaTeX document in TeXShop, and as such I've broken into several files. For each chapter, I use

\input{chapter1.tex}
\input{chapter2.tex}
etc.

The "main" file is actually very short. When I compile and invariable get errors, it gives me the line number of the main file. Is there a way for TeXShop to jump to (or open) the actual file that contains the error via the "goto error" button? It would seem that a project-style UI would be a nice improvement here. :)

Cheers,
Demitri