[OS X TeX] Re: FYI: Fwd: AlphaX 8.2 - Final Release !!!

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Fri Mar 30 20:41:42 CEST 2012

On 2012-03-29 13:52 , Herbert Schulz wrote:
[...]
> Howdy,
>
> Could you tell me under what license AlphaX is released? From what I could tell it's either BSD or GNU but I can't tell from the web pages.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
[...]

This software is copyrighted by Peter Keleher, Vince Darley, Jon
Guyer, Daniel Steffen, Johan Linde, Mark Nagata, Tom Fetherston,
Dominique d'Humieres, Frédéric Boulanger, Chuck Gregory, Pierre
Basso, Juan Falgueras, Andreas Amann, Craig Upright, Andreas
Fischlin, Donavan Hall, Bernard Desgraupes, Lars Hellström, Joachim
Kock and other parties.  The following terms apply to all files
associated with the software unless explicitly disclaimed in
individual files.

The authors hereby grant permission to use, copy, modify,
distribute, and license this software and its documentation for any
purpose, provided that existing copyright notices are retained in
all copies and that this notice is included verbatim in any
distributions.  No written agreement, license, or royalty fee is
required for any of the authorized uses.  Modifications to this
software may be copyrighted by their authors and need not follow the
licensing terms described here, provided that the new terms are
clearly indicated on the first page of each file where they apply.

IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY
FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, ITS DOCUMENTATION, OR ANY
DERIVATIVES THEREOF, EVEN IF THE AUTHORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

THE AUTHORS AND DISTRIBUTORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND
NON-INFRINGEMENT. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND
THE AUTHORS AND DISTRIBUTORS HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE
MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR MODIFICATIONS.

GOVERNMENT USE: If you are acquiring this software on behalf of the
U.S. government, the Government shall have only "Restricted Rights"
in the software and related documentation as defined in the Federal
Acquisition Regulations (FARs) in Clause 52.227.19 (c) (2).  If you
are acquiring the software on behalf of the Department of Defense,
the software shall be classified as "Commercial Computer Software"
and the Government shall have only "Restricted Rights" as defined in
Clause 252.227-7013 (c) (1) of DFARs.  Notwithstanding the
foregoing, the authors grant the U.S. Government and others acting
in its behalf permission to use and distribute the software in
accordance with the terms specified in this license.